BetterSearch.tk (also known as BetterSearch.tk Virus) is a malicious domain that can make changes on your home page and default search engine. It modifies the previous set up and change it to BetterSearch.tk. The way it gains access to the system is often unclear. In fact, most PC users considered that this program is a virus. This browser hijacker actually can get in through the main browsers without requiring your approval.
Installing free software is the most known reason on how to acquire BetterSearch.tk. You can get this adware along with the main program. In many cases, adware program like BetterSearch.tk did not disclose properly about its inclusion. However, you may not get trick by any potentially unwanted program provided that you’re careful enough while installing some software.
If by any chance you had BetterSearch.tk, it must be removed as soon as possible for the good of your system. BetterSearch.tk may create more problems as it stay longer. You can’t find a way to stop all unwanted ads that keep the display while you surf online. The only thing you can do to eliminate pop-up ads, coupons, banners and sponsored links is simply removal of this browser hijacker.Download Removal Toolto remove BetterSearch.tk
Although the problem comes not from a virus, you still have to treat it immediately. Mind you, that it can completely destroy not just the browsing experience, not only the security of the system, but also their privacy. At this point BetterSearch.tk may consider as your biggest enemy. Even if it is not a virus, know that all issues are cause by BetterSearch.tk, then, remove this adware can make things work for normal gain.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Slows internet connection
- BetterSearch.tk Connects to the internet without your permission
- Common BetterSearch.tk behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- BetterSearch.tk Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Integrates into the web browser via the BetterSearch.tk browser extension
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
BetterSearch.tk effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 28%
- Windows 7 34%
- Windows Vista 7%
- Windows XP 31%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in BetterSearch.tk.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Remove BetterSearch.tk from Windows
Remove BetterSearch.tk from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove BetterSearch.tk from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove BetterSearch.tk from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove BetterSearch.tk from Your Browsers
Remove BetterSearch.tk from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete BetterSearch.tk from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with BetterSearch.tk (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate BetterSearch.tk from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to BetterSearch.tk) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.