Windows-errorx.com (also known as Windows-errorx.com) is a malicious window that serves as one more way for cyber criminals to steal money from PC users. Windows-errorx.com pop-up contains fake message warning stating that your computer is infected with some kind of virus. To be able to solve it, you need to call a specific number, which stand as its paid support service.
Please do ignore or do not try to call its technical support hotline. Mind you, that let them fix your PC is not free. You have to pay certain amount before they do solve the problem. Furthermore, this call would make you even bother as they confirm you with not just a few but big viruses you have. Be warned that it is only one of their strategies so you will pay for whatever amount they requested.
What worse, calling the hotline and the payment of the fees is not the key to stop Windows-errorx.com pop-up box. All you need to do is remove malicious browser add-in and files where all questions were coming from.Download Removal Toolto remove Windows-errorx.com
You have to be very careful when installing free software. Windows-errorx.com codes often come when you download and install a free application from the Internet. It can be added to you Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome without knowing it. You can only realize it after seeing Windows-errorx.com pop-up.
Various ads like popups, banners, in-text links, and more other may also appear within your web browser. Ads and links from Windows-errorx.com can even lead you to malicious web pages where you can find real viruses. You have to remove Windows-errorx.com as soon as possible before it can damage further.
- Slows internet connection
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Common Windows-errorx.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Windows-errorx.com Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Windows-errorx.com Shows commercial adverts
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Integrates into the web browser via the Windows-errorx.com browser extension
- Installs itself without permissions
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Windows-errorx.com Connects to the internet without your permission
Windows-errorx.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 8 29%
- Windows 7 26%
- Windows Vista 11%
- Windows XP 34%
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Windows-errorx.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Remove Windows-errorx.com from Windows
Remove Windows-errorx.com from Windows XP:
- Drag mouse cursor to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open the Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove the undesirable application.
Remove Windows-errorx.com from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Click the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and locate the undesirable application
- Right-click the application you want to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove Windows-errorx.com from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI screen, select All apps and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you want to delete.
- Select Uninstall.
Remove Windows-errorx.com from Your Browsers
Remove Windows-errorx.com from Internet Explorer
- Go for Alt+T and click on Internet Options.
- In this section, move to the 'Advanced' tab and then click on the 'Reset' button.
- Navigate to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → then to 'Delete personal settings' and press on 'Reset' option.
- After this, click on 'Close' and go for OK to have modifications saved.
- Click on the tabs Alt+T and go for Manage Add-ons. Move to Toolbars and Extensions and here, get rid of the unwanted extensions.
- Click on Search Providers and set any page as your new search tool.
Delete Windows-errorx.com from Mozilla Firefox
- As you have your browser opened, type in about:addons in the shown URL field.
- Move through Extensions and Addons list, delete the items having something in common with Windows-errorx.com (or those which you may find unfamiliar). If the extension is not provided by Mozilla, Google, Microsoft, Oracle or Adobe, you should be almost sure you have to erase it.
- Then, reset Firefox by doing this: move to Firefox ->Help (Help in menu for OSX users) -> Troubleshooting Information. Finally,Reset Firefox.
Terminate Windows-errorx.com from Chrome
- In the displayed URL field, type in chrome://extensions.
- Take a look at the provided extensions and take care of those which you find unnecessary (those related to Windows-errorx.com) by deleting it. If you do not know whether one or another must be deleted once and for all, disable some of them temporarily.
- Then, restart Chrome.
- Optionally, you may type in chrome://settings in URL bar, move to Advanced settings, navigate to the bottom and choose Reset browser settings.